FPS Techniques

[First Person Shooter Project]
Genre: First Person Shooter 3D
Platform: PC
Language: C++
Made With: OpenGL




One of the first OpenGL games I’ve ever created.

The project is simply a first person shooter game with basic camera movements and user input.

With me knowing very little about OpenGL back then, I had to go out of my ways to find creative methods to implement some tricky FPS algorithms.

The gun itself is actually not a model, but a still picture. To make the recoil look realistic, I had to generate sequenced functions and separate the firing process into states , scaling and rotating the image to make it look 3D.

This project basically taught me how to be creative yet logical when it comes to implementing logic and algorithms.

I’m extremely proud of the overall results, espcially considering the fact that I was amateur to OpenGL when I made this.

Standard FPS mechanics implemented; shooting, reloading, zooming, different weapon types, gun animations, gun recoil, sounds & footsteps.


Firing Mechanic, Basic AI


Zoom Feature

Walking Gun Animation

Firing Gun Animation

No comments:

Post a Comment